Tammy I. Glenn,
Founder and CEO, www.HomeBoundResources.com
Carefree Caregiver: A Short Course to Peace of Mind
Tammy I Glenn, Founder
Hi! My name is Tammy I. Glenn and my journey began when I was eight years old, and my mother had a tragic accident that changed our lives forever. My mother became disabled and eventually, totally bedbound • In the 17 years that followed, my dad and I cared for my mom, pioneering a lot of everyday solutions from scratch • My mother died in 1992 and at that time, I vowed to use my family’s experience to help others in a similar situation • Please join me and a community of individuals who—just like you!—are dealing with a homebound situation.
Today, Tammy is the Informal Caregiver’s Caregiver. She serves as an advisor to KCET and to the National Senior Citizen’s Bureau on issues about care and aging, and she is a regularly featured columnist in DisabledDealerMagazine.com • Home healthcare is a challenge, but it can get easier—especially if we work together.
You are not alone!
- This seven-part short course is designed to give you a framework in which to view your informal caregiving situation.
- Breeze through it, or go directly to the section that’s most pertinent to your needs and interests.
- The course does not have to be completed in one session.
- Downloadable files will allow you to create a handy resource book!
A Short Course to Peace of Mind
- Lesson One: Caregiver by Definition.
- Lesson Two: Communication Skills. The foundation for successful caregiving begins with good communication in all relationships.
- Lesson Three: Every Body Needs Care
- Lesson Four: Legal Basics
- Lesson Five: Review the finances to ensure a successful life path for you and your loved ones.
- Lesson Six: Get Organized! (including medical records)
- Lesson Seven: Caring for Your Self. Managing stress for the purpose of creating a safe environment, free of abuse.
Reviewing Finances to Ensure a Successful Life Path
for You and Your Loved Ones